Diabetes may affect your feet in different way that could lead to serious complications. People with diabetes must pay special attention to their feet because they are at higher risk to develop severe complications.
WHAT MAY HAPPEN?
- Loss of sensation (peripheral neuropathy)
- Reduced blood flow (reduction in healing)
- Risk of serious infections/ulcers/ limb loss
WHAT WE CAN OFFER!
- Routine diabetic footcare and consultations with our chiropodist on regular basis
- Nail care and dry skin removal
- Ulcer and wound dressing and treatment
- Corn/wart and callus treatment
- Ingrown toenail treatment
- Diabetic socks
- Diabetic Footwear
WHAT YOU SHOULD AVOID
- Home treatment of corns and calluses
- Home treatment of nail problems
- Home or over the counter medications for corn, wart or ingrown nails
- Tigh fitting hosiery
- Poor fitting or worn out footwear
- Extreme heat or cold temperatures
Interested in Diabetic Footcare?
Get started by requesting a consultation with our Diabetic Footcare specialist.