Do you have a hard time finding proper shoes for your feet? You size is never in stock? Do you have bunions that always painful when you wear shoes? If you answered yes for any of these questions, then you are in the right place.
Why buy off the shelf orthopedic shoes?
- Accommodative toe shape and widths that allow for the proper fitting of both brad and narrow feet
- High, broad toe shape which accommodates forefoot shape and deformities
- Adjustable closure (i.e. laces, Velcro) to secure shape and deformities.
- Broad sole (through the heel, the shank and the forefoot) of adequate density to provide a foundation for prescribed devices
- Sole design with sufficient toe spring to allow normal propulsion
Heel stability via firm or extended heel counter
Our clinic carries wide selection of orthopedic footwear that will accommodate your problem feet.
We also have big selection of brand name shoes in our showroom for you to choose from.
Custom Made Orthopedic Footwear
Footwear made from measurements and a mould (custom cast) of the patient’s feel that includes alterations to accommodate or control a deformity, abnormality or dysfunction of the foot or lower limb.
Objectives for custom made orthopaedic footwear
- To accommodate a deformity or dysfunction while providing support for proper function
- To protect the foot from environmental conditions that the patient is subjected to
Indications for custom made orthopaedic footwear
- Structural deformity resulting from congenital, systemic disease, arthritic disease, traumatic injury, asymmetry or aging
- Severe Edema/lymphedema
- Hyperallergenic feet
- Post-surgical(i.e. hip/knee replacements), low back or spinal complications and amputations (i.e. toe, forefoot)
- Failure or less than optimal results from over-the-counter orthopaedic footwear
In our clinic you will be assessed by our staff chiropodist, who will prescribe and measure your feet to find the best solution for your problem.